Spring Cleaning may sound like something your grandmother did, but it has merit!
House cleaning week to week whether done by a professional or by the family can only cover so much. Part of a well-maintained house includes a few different lists of deep cleaning and organizing.
While Martha Stewart might have an overwhelming list of lists for cleaning, half the battle is compiling a list to get you started…. so here’s a little help!
- Make a plan and write it down –Include things like cleaning railings, door jambs, baseboards, cabinet doors…
- Gather all your cleaning tools –Nothing is more frustrating than being ready to clean and being out of cleaning supplies.
- Clean first, so you have more time to declutter –Try to organize as you go along but don’t get distracted from completing your cleaning. Set things aside, or make a mental note to come back to that area to better organize it so you will know if it needs to go to storage later.
- Maintain your clean home as best as possible –As you clean, make note of areas that could use some more regular cleaning…
- ONCE YOU ARE FINISHED, if you feel your home is not clutter free, pack up the things you only use seasonally and move them to storage for even more room! Why collect the extra dust if you don’t have to, a small 5×5 can do wonders for your overloaded spaces!