When you want to place your car into storage, there are a lot of important tasks to consider. Car storage units Colorado Springs area are great for keeping your car safe, but when it comes to its smooth operation, you still can’t ignore proper maintenance and the necessary requirements that you have to keep track of before leaving your car for weeks or months on end without turning on the engine.
Experts will actively tell you that you shouldn’t ignore maintenance tasks just because your car is in storage. If possible, consider checking out the condition of your vehicle on a regular basis and turning on the engine to make sure it’s still running properly. If you know you’re going to be out of state and that’s not a possibility, then think of your maintenance checklist prior to placing your vehicle into storage, including tasks such as:
- Getting the car washed and waxed before putting it into storage;
- Checking the brakes and various fluids to make sure that the recommended levels are maintained;
- Filling up the gas tank and adding a gas stabilizer, if you plan to store it for more than 30 days;
- Making sure the battery terminals are clean
- Preventing flat spots by keeping your tires inflated at a recommended pressure;
- Covering any gaps and holes through which insects, small animals and other critters could crawl.